Vitamin D is an essential nutrient stored in our liver and fatty tissue. The best source of this ingredient is the sun. Did you know that by simply sitting for ten minutes in the sunlight, your body can absorb up to 10,000 units of Vitamin D? Because the sun is the main source of this vitamin, many office workers suffer from a deficiency of vitamin D. This is because they have to stay indoors from 9-5 pm or 6 pm, and they usually leave when the sun starts to set. Let’s find out Tips to increase vitamin D levels are so important, and how you can supplement your diet with natural remedies.
- Why is Vitamin D important?
- Are There Symptoms of Vitamin D Deficiency?
- Tips To Increase Vitamin D Levels For Employees To Improve Their Diet ?
- How Can You Increase Your Vitamin D In Your Diet?
- Other common Vitamin D supplements are:
Why is Vitamin D important?
Vitamin D levels can help your body in many ways. Some of the benefits it offers are as follows:
- It improves and maintains your bone health. This is because it helps your body absorb more calcium. Vitamin D deficiency can cause weak bones and a condition known as rickets.
- It can help you manage your symptoms of diabetes. The London School of Medicine and Dentistry conducted a study that showed that calcium is important for insulin resistance. As vitamin D helps the body absorb calcium from food, it can help diabetics manage their condition. Please note: Vitamin D does not cure diabetes. It does not replace any diabetes medication you should take.
- It can help reduce the risk of certain types of cancer. Vitamin D deficiency is linked to breast, prostate, and colon cancer.
- It can help reduce the risk of heart problems. Studies show that vitamin D levels regulate BP (Blood Pressure), inflammation, and cholesterol. When the signature of vitamin D in the body is disrupted, it can lead to BP, cardiac hypertrophy, and atherosclerosis.
- It helps healthy cell proliferation. In addition, Vitamin D can help prevent chronic inflammation. It can also reduce the risk of many inflammatory diseases, such as irritable bowel syndrome, rheumatoid arthritis, and multiple sclerosis.
- It can help improve mood and can regulate certain hormonal disorders. Vitamin D deficiency can lead to depression, seasonal affective disorder (SAD), insomnia, anxiety, and symptoms of premenstrual depression.
- It can also help to improve concentration.
Are There Symptoms of Vitamin D Deficiency?
No, there are no major symptoms of vitamin D deficiency. This is one of the reasons why this can be so dangerous – you may not even know you have this deficiency! That being said, few people can suffer from any of the following symptoms:
- Muscle pain
- Lack of focus or concentration
- Muscle weakness
Although these symptoms may occur, most people do not associate themselves with vitamin D. This is because as active professionals, we are all prone to fatigue, anxiety, and muscle aches when we get home from work. Obtaining regular medical tests that can reveal this deficiency during routine blood tests. Therefore, it is important to be on the safe side and grow your daily diet in natural ways!
Tips To Increase Vitamin D Levels For Employees To Improve Their Diet ?
Now that you know how important vitamin D is, you probably want to improve your same diet! As an excellent source of vitamin D in the sun, you can ensure that certain work-related activities can be done outdoors, to get more sunlight. A portion of the things you can do to improve your Vitamin D intake naturally are:
Organize group meetings in an open space outside: Besides helping you get enough Vitamin D, these meetings can be very interesting due to changes in the environment. These Tips to increase vitamin D levels help your employees become more aware and happy!
Eat your lunch outside:
Winter is the perfect time to enjoy a hot meal in the sun. Take your tiffin to an open area or anywhere outside for fun and immerse yourself in vitamin D.
Take your work calls out:
if you have a long call to take, take it out. Not only will it help you increase your vitamin D intake but it will also have the added benefit of light exercise when you are walking!
Take a trip during work hours:
Take an outdoor trip to the sun whenever you need a short break from your work!
Exercise outside before going to work: get up early and enjoy a pleasant morning walk before going to the office. The sun will help you get vitamin D while walking will wake you up and make you feel more active.
Enjoy team-building moments like games on weekends in the sun!
How Can You Increase Your Vitamin D In Your Diet?
The recommended daily dose is around 600 IU. Some of the best natural ways to enhance your vitamin D intake are as follows:
Eat Salmon Fish:
Salmon fish contains high levels of Vitamin D. As indicated by the US FDA, Food Composition Database, you can get approx. 361 – 685 IU of vitamin D from 100 grams serving! Eating Salmon is one of the most important Tips to increase vitamin D levels.
Eat Herring and Sardine:
Small fish such as herring and sardines contain high amounts of vitamin D. Herring can be eaten canned or chopped, or you can cook fresh herring just like any other recipe. Sardines are available in tins and are great options for people who want a quick, nutritious meal that they don’t need to cook. 100 grams of herring soaked in saltwater contains 680 U80 of Vitamin D, while the same extract of sardines has 272 UI. Some oily fish such as mackerel and Halibut can give you good amounts of this important vitamin too! These are some of the important Tips to increase vitamin D levels every employee should be aware of.
Add Cod liver oil to your diet:
Most people do not like to eat fish. However, that does not mean that they cannot increase their intake of vitamin D! Cod liver oil is a popular supplement that comes in the form of a liquid and tablet. People can get 450 IUs of vitamin D in one teaspoon.
Did you know that mushrooms are the only plants that can give you Vitamin D? Like humans, mushrooms also absorb this vitamin when exposed to the sun. A supply of 100 grams of mushrooms can give you 2,300 IU of vitamin D!
Drink Vitamin D Strengthened Milk:
Milk is an excellent source of Vitamin D as it is fortified with. This helps your body absorb the calcium that is easily found in milk! If you are vegan, you can drink soy milk, one of the most valuable Tips to increase vitamin D levels as it is also fortified with vitamin D.
Take FDA Approved Health Supplements:
The easiest way to increase the amount of vitamin D you are taking is by taking health supplements. Vitamin D supplements can be added in the form of pills, tablets, or even a liquid. You can choose the right extension according to your needs after reading the label.
Other common Vitamin D supplements are:
Calcium Tablet (containing Vitamin D3 and zinc)
Zenith Nutrition Vitamin D3 Capsule
Healthkart Vitamin D3 Capsule
Now Foods Vitamin D3 Softgel
Life is often the most important thing for office workers with deadlines and stress in their minds! Don’t let this happen to you. Taking care of your health can improve your physical performance and mental performance, without helping your body and mind to feel good. Therefore, be sure to pay attention to your diet and exercise and follow the most important Tips to increase vitamin D levels.